Condensation and Dampness
Always call us for advice if you spot any mould growth in your home. Before we call out to inspect this you need to make sure you have ruled out condensation as the cause as over 90% of the inspections we make in relation to damp are found to be condensation.
In the first instance you should take the following steps to prevent the build-up of condensation.
• Clean down all black mould/spotting with a fungicidal wash
• Ensure trickle vents (where available) on windows are left open
• Ensure your home is sufficiently heated
• Try to open windows when you’re cooking, bathing or drying clothes. If you don’t have a window in your kitchen or bathroom please leave the extractor fan running for at least 20 mins
• Wipe any excess moisture from walls and surfaces
• Keep furniture away from external walls
If these measures don’t work (over 2-3 months) or the problem gets worse then contact the office to arrange an inspection.