Universal Credit 

The following videos will let you know what Universal Credit is, how to make a claim and allow you to preview your Journal:
For more information on Universal Credit, please visit the Government website.

How do you apply?
You can apply for Universal Credit on the Government website

What do I need to apply?
  • your bank, building society or credit union account details;
  • an email address;
  • your National Insurance number;
  • how much rent you pay;
  • details of your income (for example payslips);
  • details of savings and any investments; 
  • details of how much you pay for childcare if you're applying for help with childcare costs.

You also have to verify your identity online. You'll need some proof of identity for this, for example your:
  • driving licence;
  • passport;
  • debit or credit card. 
What about my Housing Costs?
Your Universal Credit payment includes housing costs for your rent. You now have to pay your rent directly to Provanhall HA as soon as you receive your Universal Credit payment. Please contact staff who can help make sure your future rent costs are paid directly to Provanhall HA after your first Universal Credit payment. 

Need local help & support? 
If you require any assistance with applying for Universal Credit, please contact us to book an appointment with our Income Advisor - see our Welfare Benefits Advice page. 
Other local help & support available: 
  • Universal Credit Hub - The Bridge, Wellhouse Road, Glasgow, G34 9JW; 
  • Phone - FREE helpline 0808 169 9901 (Glasgow);
  • GAIN website for more information and access to Webchat session (Glasgow).